Our Pool Safety Nets & Covers
Are manufactured with children and pets in mind
Below are some of the most common pool safety nets & covers which we supply along with the benefits of each one
Installed in Florida 22/06/2021
PVC Pool Cover
The Solid Safety Pool Cover is the single most effective physical barrier to prevent children and pets from drowning. It is conforming to international safety standards as it supports the weight of two adults and a child. Importantly, there are no fiddly hooks and eyelets, making the cover quick and easy to use. This blend of simplicity and design, coupled with practical and user-friendly fastening systems are what make this cover the desirable choice over other pool safety systems on the market.
The Solid Safety pool Cover can also be used to reduce water, chemical and power usage and heating making it the best and most preferred cover of choice.
For added convenience, the Solid Safety pool Cover can be automated with a motorized Roll up Station.
GeoBubble Pool Cover
For pool owners wishing to increase their pool water temperature, the Sol+Guard™ GeoBubble heating cover is one of the most intelligent and affordable ways to generate free energy and transfer this heat to pool water. This Eco-smart cover is top of its class when it comes to maximum solar gain and, of all covers in the range, Sol+Guard has the most dramatic effect on raising a pool’s water temperature.
Heating properties / solar gain: The Sol+Guard GeoBubble material transmits 80% of the sun’s energy in the visual and IR spectrum through the material to heat the water. Adds up to 8°C to water temperatures, allowing for longer swimming seasons and more enjoyable temperatures during the season.
Energy-saving Safety Cover
The Energy-saving Safety Cover – beat load shedding and enjoy energy-saving and child safety benefits from a single pool cover.
Until now, a pool was only considered truly energy-efficient if covered with an EnergyGuard GeoBubble cover and while the EnergyGuard GeoBubble is a stunning pool cover in our easy to use thermal range, it is not recommended as a way to secure the pool for children. Given the local electricity crisis and continual power cuts / load shedding, we have designed the Energy-saving Safety Cover, a new cover which offers the best of both these bestselling covers – a 50% reduction in power consumption as well as a 225kg weight tolerance to prevent child drownings.
How does the Energy-saving Pool Safety Cover save power?
The principle behind reducing a pool’s power consumption is actually quite simple. Cover the pool with a Stone Grey or Blue the Solid Safety Cover and light entry is stopped (light being what algae needs to grow). Leaves, debris and dust collect on the cover rather than in the water where they typically rot and alter pH, and need to be filtered out.
With the new Energy-saving Safety Cover, they have developed two covers which stop algae growth and therefore differentiate themselves from our other solid safety covers. This solid cover is available in Blue or Stone Grey.
How does the Energy-saving Pool Safety Cover keep children safe?
This cover effectively creates a physical barrier over the water to prevent child access, conforming to international safety standards as it supports the weight of two adults and a child (225kg). The durable solid safety cover is supported across the pool by aluminium battens that are secured into the material of the cover. A simple tamper-proof ratchet device is used to create the tension required.
- Reduce filtration/pump time by up to 50%: filtration is still required for aeration and eradicating minor impurities but pump time can be halved which makes for considerable power savings. The average domestic pool pump consumes 12% of the household’s total electricity. The Energy-saving Safety Cover reduces this by half.
- Child safety: withstands weights of up to 225kg (two adults and a child). Great for pet safety too.
- Reduce water evaporation by 98%+: water evaporation is reduced, curbing water loss and conserving this precious natural resource. An average pool (8m x 4m) can lose up to 38 400 litres of water if left uncovered. Remember, it requires power to pump water to your home so this also helps reduce your municipality’s load demand.
- Reduce chemical consumption by up to 60%: with less algae growth, less chlorine is needed with an Energy-saving Safety Cover. The cover also prevents chlorine from evaporating in sunlight.
- Reduce debris contamination: the Energy-saving Safety Cover cover prevents dirt, droppings and leaves from entering the water, reducing the need for filtration. Water aesthetics and hygiene are greatly improved.
- Hibernate the pool: can be used to put the pool away and reduce maintenance for extended periods of time. This may be when the pool is closed over winter or if you are going away for long periods or if you simply don’t want the pool anymore.
- Save money: by using less energy, less chemicals and less water, this cover pays for itself in 18 months.
- Colours: available in Blue with a Black underside, or Stone Grey with a Black underside.
- Simplicity of design and ease of use: supported across the pool by aluminium battens that are secured into the Solid Safety Cover, one end is anchored into place with removable anchor bolts. The opposite end has corresponding ratchets which allow the cover to be tightened.
- Tamper-proof: the lockable strapping system makes it difficult for a small child to tamper with or attempt to release the cover.
- Drainage system: a common drawback with first generation or hooks and eyelet PVC covers is that rain or sprinkler water can collect on top of the pool cover, forming a small pool that curious toddlers may be tempted to play in. The second generation Solid Safety Cover features drainage holes to eliminate these pools forming on top of the cover.
- Durable: made from 550-600 gsm PVC, aluminium battens and industrial strength stainless steel ratchets.
- Automation options: for added convenience, the Energy-Saving Safety Cover can be semi automated with a motorized Roll up Station that aids the use of larger covers.
Leaf Net – PVC Mesh
The PVC Mesh LeafNet leaves the pool water visible and gives an aesthetically pleasing and clean finish to the pool.
By eliminating water contamination by leaves and debris, pool maintenance and chemical input can be scaled back. This is a popular cover in winter months and in leafy gardens subject to frequent high winds.
It also offers safety features for pets however the lack of a central tension system means it is not to be used for child safety. Adults should always supervise children playing near the pool.
- Water hygiene: when leaves and garden debris rot in pool water, the water’s pH levels and water hygiene are compromised and will require extra chemical input to restore balance. The Leaf Net prevents this.
- Household savings: because the Leaf Net eliminates dirt and debris collecting in the pool and causing water contamination, filtration times and chemical input can be scaled back which allows for household savings on power and chemicals. The amount of time spent on pool upkeep is also reduced.
- Water savings: curbs evaporation so less top-ups are required to maintain water levels.
- Pet safety: small pets are protected from entering the water.
- Secured to the coping with hooks and eyelets.
- Manufactured in PVC mesh.
The PVC Mesh Leaf Net is available in black and blue.
Pool Safety Nets
Swimming pool safety nets are manufactured using the most advanced technology. Each net has been rigorously tested to meet the highest quality and safety standards. That’s why they are a proven and secure safety system. If correctly installed and on the pool, there’s a 100% safety record.
We offer solutions for more than just swimming pools. We can protect most rock pools, ponds, water features, Jacuzzi and spas.
North Side Pool Services
Giving you that extra peace of mind knowing your children and pets are covered